Normally, PlayStation consoles are programmed in a way so it doesn’t allow users to install and play games from it’s storage and it requires DVD each time you want to play a game. To tackle this situation, jailbreaking saves the souls. What is PS4 jailbreak and how it works to play games without spending money.
Related: Best PS4 IP Pullers
What is PS4 Jailbreak?
Well, jailbreaking is a technique to hack into the console software and perform some changes to system OS that will allow to download and store the games into PS storage without using the DVDs every time. Even it opens more doors to customize the console like adding new themes, mods and etc.
Jailbreak isn’t a legitimate act and once you do the jailbreak, it voids the warranty if you needed any warranty claim for any issue fix. Once it’s jailbreak, your warranty expired instantly which means you couldn’t get any support from Sony.
Sony is upgrading it’s PlayStation technology with every new model which means more secure and improved user experience and less bugs. Therefore it makes a bit hard to jailbreak with every new model device.
So, how to jailbreak PS4?
It’s not as hard to jailbreak PS4 but it can be a bit complex if anything goes wrong. So, make sure to follow every instruction carefully. In case of any damage, we (Cyber Matters Review) aren’t responsible. This tutorial is just to demonstrate how it works. Use it for ethical and Educational purposes only.
Related: Best PS4 IP Booters
In order to get started with PS4 Jailbreak, you need following required things to get started;
PS4 Jailbreak Requirements
- PS4 7.51
- USB Stick with atleast 1 GB free space
- Winrar or any other compression software
Follow the given below step by step instructions.
- Download the PSExploit.
- Store the downloaded software on the root directory of a USB stick. Make sure to format the USB in FAT32.
- Plugin the USB stick in to the PS4 and navigate to the Games tab.
- Choose the PS4 jailbreak file and wait for it to get installed.
- Once it is installed, reboot the console and navigate to the System tab.
- Check and make sure the custom firmware is installed.
- Boom..!! Your PS4 Jailbreak is done now.
There’s many other methods available in the market. If you don’t know or sure about how to do it. Avoid the risks and get assistance from the experts available in the gaming market. Not every gaming console can be jailbreak. It depends on the software version of the device.
PS4 Jailbreak Advantages
It open the wide range of options. Explore some of the most common advantages of PS4 Jailbreak.
- Download Free Games – One of the biggest advantage of jailbreak is to download free games from the internet and play without paying a penny.
- Custom ROM – Download custom rom and easily can customized the console by downloading themes and unlocking many other look features.
- Backward Compatibility – Generally if you’re having PS4, you can’t play the games of PS2 or PS3. So, jailbreak PS4 opens the door to play the old PS version games as well.
- FreeStore Applications – You can even install FreeStore apps on the PS4.
Some other advantages:
- FTP Client to transfer files from PC to PS4.
- Compatibility with all homebrew and payloads
- Works even on PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim.
- SEN (PSN) works without banning
- To return to original firmware just install it like Jailbreak
PS4 Jailbreak Disadvantages
Some of the disadvantages you can face by jailbreaking your PS4.
- Void Warranty – It voids the warranty if you needed any warranty claim for any issue fix. Once it’s jailbreak, your warranty expired instantly which means you couldn’t get any support from Sony.
- PlayStation Community Network – You might get banned from accessing the PlayStation network.